Non possibile visualizzare il filmato. Potrebbe essere necessario installare il plugin flash, puoi scaricarlo qui
Route: Marca Storica

Castello di San Salvatore

 
Castello di San Salvatore
 
 
Castello di San Salvatore
 
 
Castello di San Salvatore
 
 
 
Saint Salvatore Castle is distinctively majestic and immediately brings the Collalto to mind, that deepen its historical millenary roots in the "Marca Trevigiana". Built in 1323 by Rambaldo VIII of Collalto, it was subsequently completed by his successor Schenella V. Saint Salvatore Castle, with a surface area of 32,000 sq. m. consists of a double wall border. The Lombard origin of the Collalto and their governor is certain, with the title of counts of Treviso, of the same city, privileged concession in 801 by Carlo Magno. In the subsequent centuries, the county became a real and actual reign governed by its own laws, between which the celebrated "Statuta Collalti" that represents a rare example of very civil and intelligent rule. During the First World War, the Piave found itself on the Italo-Austrian front line and gives background to the last bloody battles. The castles became targets of Italian artillery and many of the works of art that were there were destroyed. At the end of the war, the Collalto proceeded with determination to the reconstruction and restoration of the major artistic and architectural testimonies of the surviving patrimony.
 
Servizi per il cittadino

Servizio di competenza regionale