Non possibile visualizzare il filmato. Potrebbe essere necessario installare il plugin flash, puoi scaricarlo qui
Route: Marca Storica

Chiesa di S. Giorgio

 
 
Saint George Church was built on a pre-existing installation of Roman age towards the middle of the XIV century, it is without doubt one of the most precious artistic and architectural monuments of the Treviso kind. In its interior, cycles of frescoes are preserved on the walls. They represent the history of Saint George in four episodes of which unfortunately remains only the first and last, carried out in the middle of the XV century and the very famous "Last Supper", dated 1466, where the guests eat prawns and drink red wine, both typical products of the area, recently attributed to Giovanni of France, a painter who painted along the entire course of the Piave. In the first years of 70, during an excavation campaign, a sarcophagus of Lombard age was found on the Church foundation, now used as the base of the new altar.
 
Servizi per il cittadino

Servizio di competenza regionale