Non č possibile visualizzare il filmato. Potrebbe essere necessario installare il plugin flash, puoi scaricarlo qui
Route: Marca Storica

Città murata

 
Teatro accademico
 
 
Teatro accademico
 
 
Teatro accademico
 
 
Teatro accademico - foto del FAST
 

The castle in quadrilateral plan (approximately 230 m. each side) has been erected since the end of the XII century and it was completed in the second decade of the XIII century. The four corners of the original eight towers remain, the tower of the dead (approximately 1246), with half of the south curtain wall and the imposing civic tower (43 m. high) that exhibits the clock on the main façade and the lion on Saint Mark in Istria, symbol of Venetian domination, both installed in 1499. The walls, towers and moat are what remain of a complex war  achine. Firstly, they built the four corner towers and the walls then followed. One entered the Castle through two gates ("of Treviso" to the east and "of Cittadella" to the west), supplied with portcullises and drawbridges (substituted in the XVI century with the stone bridges) and  wo posterns (pedestrian access) one to the north and the other to the south. The walls lack foundation and are approximately 17 m high and 1.7 m dense. In fact, they are placed on a basement made by the "sacco" wall technique (stone from rivers, fragment of bricks and lime  aste). From January 1339 to May 1797, Castelfranco was under Venetian rule save the Carrarese period (1380-1388) which dates back to the coat of arms of the cart with four wheels, visible under the vault of the civic tower. The Cambrai war (1509 -1517) reveals the military inadequacy of the castle compared to new siege techniques and shooting artillery. In the nineteenth-century, the castle avoided the
demolition project at the end of the XVIII century subsequently becoming a city symbol.

 
Servizi per il cittadino

Servizio di competenza regionale