Non possibile visualizzare il filmato. Potrebbe essere necessario installare il plugin flash, puoi scaricarlo qui
Route: Marca Storica

La Rocca di Braida

 
Il castello di Asolo dalla Rocca
 
 
Le mura di Asolo viste dalla Rocca
 
 
Accesso alla Rocca: vista dall'esterno
 
 
Degrado della cisterna medievale nella Rocca
 
 
Il cammino di ronda sul muro di cinta della Rocca
 
The fortress stands in the place called Braida a Cavallo between the XII and XIII centuries, initially as a fortified structure completely separated from Asolo. In 1211, it became the possession of Guercio Tempesta; removing the bishop of Treviso who owned the castle and Asolo villa. In 1223, the same bishop of Treviso acquired Braida Fortress from Treviso Commune that had erected the properties of Guercio Tempesta in the meantime. After the Ezzeliniana period, it passed to Treviso Commune again that "riconsegna" ("riconsegna" means re-consign) to the bishop however, he asked at the same time for its trust and management, a practice that will repeat itself until the years around 1284 when it appears as the possession of Gerardo da Castelli. At the beginning of the XIV century, the Fortress is an important military stronghold of the Trevigiani until the conquest of Venice (1339) that instituted the jurisdiction of a podestà of Asolo. It is Carrarese between 1381 and 1388 and in 1389, it definitively passed to the Venetians that also complete the linking city wall, started by the Carrarese, almost to underline the merger that took place between Braida and Asolo. From the end of the XV century, the military importance of the Fortress reduced progressively as it was continuously in need of restoration work until the point where it risked being sold to the private sector (1650).
 
Servizi per il cittadino

Servizio di competenza regionale